Cybercrime is a serious issue. In 2021, 294 million people had their data compromised by data breaches.
Furthermore, 92% of people describe themselves as “somewhat” or “very concerned” about a cyber breach.
Yet only 39% have cyber insurance.
Check out the rest of these cybercrime facts:
If you’re interested in protecting yourself against threats such as identity theft, ransomware, data breaches and more, NFP can help.
What Is Cyber Insurance?
Personal cyber insurance covers individuals for their personal online security risks and financial loss due to cybercrime.
Cybercrimes and risks include:
- Online account takeover or compromise
- Expenses incurred or financial loss due to identity theft or social engineering scams
- SIM swapping incidents
- Smart home device-related incidents
- Cyberbullying and more
Home insurance and other standard policies do not provide adequate coverage for cybercrime. Fortunately, we offer various personal cyber insurance solutions for individuals and their families.
What Does Cyber Liability Insurance Cover?
Like home and auto insurance policies, you have options when choosing cyber insurance.NFP offers DigitalShield, which has the most comprehensive stand-alone policy available today. With DigitalShield, you get:
- Coverage for all family members of the household (while at home and traveling), unlimited devices, and at all locations you own or rent worldwide
- Broad limits of coverage available (starting at $100,000 and up to $1 million)
- Identity theft and financial loss coverage
- Cybercrime coverage
- Ransomware and extortion coverage
Click here to view all coverages.
Learn More About DigitalShield
Whether you experience a suspicious call, a compromised online account or another cyber event, our team can help you achieve a fast, equitable resolution to the most complex scenarios.Click below to learn more about DigitalShield.learn more